My cousin BJ has tagged me for a meme: Ten Things I've Never Bought. Why seems to be irrelevant. Here's my list:
1. A pack of cigarettes. I have only smoked one cigarette in my entire life. Actually, I have only taken one puff of a cigarette in my entire life. I coughed and sputtered and couldn't stand the taste. I've never been tempted by another.
2. A new car. My mother-in-law buys a new car every couple of years or so and we are able to purchase her well-maintained, pre-owned vehicle at a bargain price. I'm more interested in dependability than in keeping up with the Joneses, so I won't feel cheated if I go through life never having owned a new car. However, should I someday win the lottery and decide to buy a new car, it would be a cute little sports car and yes, BJ, mine would also be bright red.
3. A horse. When Sunshine was about seven or eight years old, she begged for a horse. I told her that when she turned sixteen, she could have either a horse or a car, her choice. On her sixteenth birthday, Grandma P gave her a 1966 Mustang, so I guess she got both the horse and the car!
4. A motorhome. Cousin BJ and I are alike in a lot of ways, but we differ on this one. I would love to take off across country in a motor home with no schedules to meet, just going wherever I felt like going and staying as long as I wanted to. What freedom. Of course, since I sometimes have trouble navigating a shopping cart, I might be quite dangerous trying to drive a motor home!
5. A motorcycle. I grew up with motorcycles--my Dad owned one even before I was born. They're fun, but I've heard of too many fatal accidents involving motorcycles to be interested in owning one.
6. Contact lenses. I've worn glasses since the early grades and think I would feel naked without them.
7. DVR. I don't really know why I've never bought a digital recorder. Maybe because we don't watch very much T.V. We tend to watch old T.V. shows on dvd. (Oh, no! Is this a sign I'm getting old)?
8. Ipod. I have an MP3 player that I really enjoy. It doesn't bother me that it is not an Ipod brand.
9. DSLR. I'm not a very good photographer so I don't feel I can justify one at this time. But, if I ever "outgrow" my present camera, my next purchase will be a DSLR.
10. A biscotti pan. I haven't bought one yet, but intend to buy one soon. Sunshine made some really tasty biscotti not too long ago, but she had to spread the dough/batter out on a cooky sheet. I want to buy the proper pan so it will be easier to make the biscotti the right size and shape the next time. (Hint, hint, Sunshine)!
There you have it--10 things I've never bought. Some I'll probably never buy, others I hope to buy sometime. I'm not going to tag anyone in particular, but please feel free to play if you would like--it's a lot of fun!