Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall Fun

Yesterday, my Mom, Aunt and Sister attended a local fall event. The event took place in Pioneer Village, which is located in a wooded area. We really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere as well as the sights and smells of the outdoors.

As we entered, we were greeted with these lovely mums.

We saw several primitive cabins, all decorated for fall.

We enjoyed the live music

More music...I wonder if these instruments were hand made.

Many craftsmen were demonstrating their skills.

These folks seem to be enjoying the open campfire. I see an extra chair--maybe I could join them for a spell. We had a good time. I love this time of year!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really ejoyable day.
    I have some mums in bud at the moment, love the colours of them, really bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my kind of day! I'm wondering exactly where this place is. Haven't heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like they had more cool stuff this year (and the one year I didn't get to go, right?) Or maybe it was just the photos you posted.

    I suppose if that girl can reach her arm around the body of an acoustic, then I probably could, too.

    Also, I would have enjoyed the dulcimers. Great, another instrument I'll probably want to pick up at some point...

    Looks like you guys had a good time. I do wish you hadn't capitalized the words mom, aunt, and sister though. Remember, I'm a teacher now, so I'll be going through your posts with a fine-toothed comb! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did have a good time and it seems there was more going on, not just crafts for sale. Oops--sorry about the capitalization fau pax. I knew better, but I was really tired. No, actually, I was testing you to see if you would notice. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. And then, in your apology, you misspelled faux pas. This is cracking me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are funny.lol

    That does look a really nice place to spend some time.
    The mum's look lovely.

    Sunshine would have a job putting my typing right, i am always getting it wrong. Actually i think i would have capitalized them myself..lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great photos. Looks like a wonderful time! There is a 'pioneer village' in Taranaki, NZ that is similar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had so much fun! Enjoyed the photos and description.
    (My google acct is not connected to my blog, so here's my address… Please drop by for a friendly visit to my writing & photography blog.

    -Gel

    ReplyDelete