***This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, Brilliant.
I was so thrilled to receive this, my very first, blog award from BJ. I am especially honored since BJ is such a talented blogger. Thanks so much, BJ.
When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real.
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!
Now that you know the rules, here are the honest random things about me: ( I ended up with 15 things).
1) I love lists. I even have a List of lists and once got really excited when I saw a book of lists for sale.
2) I'm an only mother. (My daughter is an only child, so that makes me an only mother, doesn't it)? When I was growing up, I always wanted to adopt children from different countries and cultures and have an international family.
3) A newbie blogger, I am already addicted and, yes I must admit, I am a comment junkie.
4) Sometimes I think Sunshine should be the mother and I should be the daughter.
5) I'm a vegetarian and I don't even like to kill bugs. We even keep a "bug box" at our house for catching unwanted visitors and releasing them outdoors.
6) I love detective shows.
7) I once had a major, MAJOR crush on Paul McCartney.
8) I hardly watch any television, but do enjoy the PBS network "Create."
9) I like Monty Python.
10) I love Christmas music and movies and swear I must be related to Clark Griswold.
11) I'm claustrophobic and I don't like darkness.
12) At one time I considered a career in interior decorating, but instead got a degree in English and have worked the past several years as a banker. (And I still don't know what I want to be
13) I like cats. Yes, they do have a bit of an attitude, but I feel so special when they condescend to pay me some affection.
14) I took my first airplane flight last October--swore they'd never get me on a plane. I was so proud of myself. I did not succomb to a full-blown panic attack nor did I crawl down the aisle screaming, "STOP THE PLANE AND LET ME OUT, NOW!!!"
15) My grandmothers' maiden names were Wheat & Rice--it's no wonder I'm a carb-oholic!
And now, drum roll, here are the lucky recipients (in no particular order)...
Samantha - I love the pictures and really enjoy reading about your adventures with Holly and Zac.
Rosey - You seem like such a charming person and your posts always make me laugh.
Keith - You are such a talented writer. And I love hearing you read your work.
Gel - I love your poetry and must admit I envy your talent.
Tumblewords - I really like your description of yourself (the "left brain turned right...") and would like to learn more about you. I appreciate your comments; they mean a lot to a beginner like myself.
Linda - I really enjoy reading your poetry and also appreciate your visits and comments to my blog. I also enjoy your other blog Linda's Stuff. Feel free to display this award in either or both blogs.
Lilibeth - I really enjoy your blog. You seem like a really sweet person and I would like to get better acquainted with you.